The Nutrition Team strives to provide outstanding customer service to our guests every day. It is our goal to greet the students with a smile, use their name, thank them for joining us and invite them back. We value our students and continue to work to provide a fun, healthy environment for them to enjoy their meals.
- School meals provide a foundation for the learning and health of Hamilton students.
- School meals provide over half of the daily recommended levels of key nutrients that children need to grow.
- Students that participate in school breakfast have improved academic and test performance compared to students that don’t eat breakfast or eat at home.
- Students that participate in school meals are less likely to be obese than their peers.
- School nutrition programs provide a natural classroom to teach nutrition and healthy eating habits which last a lifetime.
- State and federal grants for special education, afterschool programs and many other services uses school meal data to determine funding levels.
- Healthy participation in school nutrition programs improve the overall financial health of schools.
- School nutrition programs helps expose growing children to a wide variety of foods.
No need to pack a lunch! School nutrition programs can provide healthy and hearty meals without the hassle of packing a lunch each day.
Thank you for supporting the HUSD Nutrition program!